The first song that I can think of somebody singing to me as a child is "Rockabye Baby." I specifically remember my grandmother singing me this song often. She was the person who looked after me most as a child. Instead of a babysitter or a nanny, I spent time with her. She would come to my house or I would go to her house when my father was at work. I spent many afternoons with her in my living room in the same house where she raised my dad and my aunt. These are very fond memories for me. She was a very loving and nurturing woman and she was more than happy to be my babysitter. She passed away in 2014 which was a very excruciating year for me. She was my best friend and my biggest fan. I miss her always.
Here is my interpretation of this song as an image:
Here is my interpretation of this song as an image:
I chose to do collage for this assignment because I felt I could best represent "rock-a-bye baby" better through this medium than with a photograph.
Comments
Post a Comment